We advise our customers to clean all jewellery with care, in warm soapy water using an old toothbrush
Never use a dip but Goddards Silver pad is a good, gentle cleaner
LOOKING AFTER YOUR JEWELLERY
- We recommend removing your jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening or engaging in other physical work
- Try to keep your jewellery away from harsh cosmetics. Beauty products for skin and hair can react with precious stones and metals, causing your jewellery to tarnish, discolour and even possibly corrode. Please put your jewellery on last, after applying and cosmetics, perfumes and sprays.
- Gold Plate will errode over time and depending on how often you wear the piece, it may need replating every 6 – 18 months.
- When storing your jewellery, we recommend doing so in airtight boxes or bags. This will slow down the effects of oxidation – exposure to the environment can cause your silver jewellery to tarnish over time. Storing it sensibly will keep it looking newer for longer.
- Do not store your jewellery in damp or humid conditions as this causes tarnishing and a damp environment attracts dust to stick and settle in the hard-to-clean settings.
- We recommend removing jewellery before entering a pool, shower or sea
OUR CHAIN POLICY
Broken chains are not the responsibility of Honeybourne Jewellery. If they are faulty on arrival and returned within 3 months of purchase they will be replaced like for like, free of charge, upon receipt of the faulty chain. However, anything brought to us outside of this time frame will be deemed due to wear and tear as it completely depends on how you wear and care for your chain (please see above for care and cleaning advice)
Looking after your Daisy Chain Neckpiece
We use ‘fine silver’ for our Daisy Chain neckpieces. Fine silver has a naturally malleable quality which is perfect for moulding around the unique contours of your neck and collarbones. This neckpiece is designed to sit high up on the collar bones, we make them to a length of 18 inches plus a 1 and a 1/2 inch extension (please get in touch if you need a longer length). When wearing for the first time, it needs a little shaping, so please follow the instructions below:
-Hold the necklace out in front of you as if you were about to put it on, ensuring that all of the coloured ’enamel Pods’ are facing away from you and that there are no twists or kinks.
-Put the necklace on and fasten the catch.
-Gently press the wires and Pods onto and around the back and front of the neck.
-We find that keeping the necklace hung up will help it to keep it’s shape. Avoid pressing back into it’s box as this may kink the wires.
-If in time, the wires become a little out of shape, simply hold it at either end & gently pull in the opposite direction.
How to wear your torc bangle